Click for fun fabrics and trimmings.........

Tuesday 28 October 2008

the house in the clouds

We have been here today, for a half term trot up the coast. It was very pretty and very cold!! This is the only photo as both sets of batteries I took with me were flat as a pancake!!!
On the way there...
me: we're going for a drive to see a house thats in the sky
(pause for significant time with puzzled look on 3year old face)
cam: houses don't live in the sky they live on the floor.

On seeing said house....
cam: its not in the sky its just a high house.

Mmm...can see I may not have the easiest time convincing him of the magic of christmas!!!

Even though we've seen it before - us grown ups were impressed lol. The history behind it is here and is very interesting. If you are feeling strong - check out the rental prices!!

5 comments:

angel said...

That is one high house Dollop!
It looks a bit unstable to me hummmm and top heavy.....i'm scared of heights.... though its strange, but it's also oddly attractive ........ in a weird sorta way.... hum imagine hovering all those stairs!

Nah a 3 bed Bungi-low [getit] works for me. *smile*

Love and hugs and kisses.
X x X x X x X x X x X x X

Anonymous said...

I'm with Angel on the heights thingy .... great photo Dolly D

xxx

Curlew Country said...

Wow what a fairy tale place! My boys would just adore it there.

That lovely magazine came home with me today too. Can't wait to curl up on the sofa with it.
have a good weekend.
Stephx

Country Bliss said...

Wow, what a strange looking house.
Yvonne x

Elaine said...

I like the look of it, but even ex-water towers I find creepy.
It does look stunning though.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxx