Click for fun fabrics and trimmings.........

Saturday, 20 March 2010

round up...

Thank You all so much for your happy birthday wishes. I had a great mothers day/birthday 24 hours!!!This week I have eaten way to much cake...something that will have to stop after my shopping trip on Friday where I discovered I am getting rather too round to where nice clothes!!
I opened more lovely pressies, including one of thesefrom my friend who knows me so well!
I have been sewing....a birthday gift for a friends son's 1st birthday.
I decided that this year part of everyones gifts for birthdays etc will be handmade. I have been 100% successful so far...bunting for a friend of C's...candles for mothers day...this softie for afore mentioned baby!!!(Mum's birthday is next and I am going to make her a bag, and get her a cake stand I think..she was eyeballing one in John Lewis on Friday!!!)I have also made some things for the colour swap and flower swap I signed up for. So can't show those...but looks like I'll be ready to send ON TIME!!! (Be a bit embarrassing if I was late sending my own swap out hehehe!!)I have added a couple of things to the Easter Giveaway parcel...I have made a cute spring/easter tote bag and you can see a wooden chicken on a stick peeping out!!There is still another week before the computer chooses...time to get your name down if you haven't already!!And thats been my week!!
I am still busy working on my new job, I think I will be able to make a grand announcement this week!! But for now I am going to have an early night..read my new magazine (failing on the no mag buying rule I set myself....although only sewing mags are finding their way home with me!!!) and enjoy my 80p reduced roses in my 50p thrifted jug.........

13 comments:

Kathy said...

I used to have ajug like that- it had six glasses to match - back in the day. I think it was a wedding present!!!!
Love Kathy xxx

Mrs Yappy Dog said...

Your Easter bag is very pretty.You have been busy.

Pooh's Abode said...

Love the Easter bag and the CK holder is gorgeous - I love that print
Viv
xxxx

saraeden said...

come in fan no 175 your time is up ;)

no honestly well done hun you are fan no 175 , will sort all the details out in the morning and get the badge on its way to you x x

Sara x

VintageVicki said...

Curious to hear what the job is :)

Am also trying to include handmade gifts with birthday pressies - doing ok so far. Need to crack on with my April birthdays though.

Kissed by an Angel said...

You've made some fab things!! Really lovely!!
xxxx

A Country Girl said...

I am still working my way through mothers day and birthday chocolate - I am actually getting sick of the sight of chocolate and that is something I thought I would never say!
Was your Mum in John Lewis in Norwich on Friday? I was there too.

Kelly said...

How lovely making all your presents, I bet the recipients are very pleased!

bekimarie said...

Love the softee!
Great idea to give handmade gifts. Funny thing is, the one person who I thought wouldn't appreciate handmade gifts (a friend) has loved everything so far and yet the people who I thought would just tend to look at me like i'm a bit dense,no sarky comments please ;) and think i'm a tight wad.

Have you been getting my emails?

Beki xxx

melanie said...

Wow, roses for 80p, bargain! xxx

Florence and Mary said...

So many lovely things, I love the BB case.

Victoria xx

MelMel said...

Hi hunni...pls send me your address....:>))

If you leave it on my comments board I will not publish it...xx

The English Writer said...

Divine Blackberry case, I have an iPod one - red and stars and love it. The softee is gorgeous, I love the cowboy and grey spot CK prints.